January Goals

 photo fac6c8a5-1adb-435b-aab6-fe65bdd0e5c5_zpsfc5d4839.jpg


We've made it. 2013 with it's stresses and joys has passed and we are entering into 2014. I don't know about you guys, but it feels like 2014 is going to be a good year. 2014 is my last year of college, which is both terrifying and exciting, and I feel like the year is going to bring about change. Which is also slightly terrifying.

However, as I look back on the year of 2013 I find myself wondering where it went. I can't necessarily pin-point certain moments, but instead the year looks like a giant blur. I don't want 2014 to be like that. I want this year to be a year that is savored, a year full of memories and stories that I tell for years to come. I want to take it all in this year. To not stress over the little things, to say yes to adventure, and to find rest in the day-to-day.

I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, though I do love monthly goals. But, if I had to make one, I'd say my new's resolution can be summed up in one word:

Savor.

I want to savor and dwell and enjoy 2014, no matter what it throws at me.

On that note, it's January! Snow is frequently in the forecast, I'm avoiding the putting away of Christmas decorations, and trying to eat healthier. Here's what I want to accomplish this month:

- I want to have slow, relaxing mornings. Even if that means going to bed earlier.
- I want to clean-out and organize the unfinished half of my basement.
- I want to be zealous for my quiet time.
- I want to be intentional in my relationships with others.

Alright, January, let's do this.




No comments:

Post a Comment